Register for Christmas Eve / Christmas Day Mass
Due to the ongoing pandemic, in order to provide a safe worship experience, and in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Archdiocese of Detroit, we are asking parishioners and guests to register to attend Mass for Christmas.
Recently, there has been a surge in daily totals of positive tests and hospitalizations as a result of the coronavirus. As we approach the Advent and Christmas seasons, we have an obligation to each other to be as proactive as possible to ensure the health and safety of ourselves, fellow parishioners, and guests that will visit during this period.
The Archdiocese of Detroit put out some suggestions for preparation for Christmas, a period that sees significantly more people attend Mass than other times throughout the year. Below are some of the suggestions and the response that we are enacting at Our Lady of the Woods.
- Parishioners should plan on attending Mass only oncethrough the four days (December 24-27) instead of twice.
- Require sign-up and getting a ticket for high attendance Mass. The Christmas Eve Masses and Christmas Day Masses will have a registration link to obtain a Mass Pass for anyone planning on attending. The registration will hold you a space in the church, but not a particular pew. Seating will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Walk In’s will be seated in the Chapel, Gathering Space, Social Hall, or available space in church prior to the start of Mass. Registration will be limited to 150 people per Mass.
- Assign seating as people register (or as they arrive) so you utilize the most space. Ushers will take people to seats based on family size and available space. Once seated, families may be asked to move to accommodate additional guests, but are asked not to move on their own. Seating will not be assigned when signing up for a Mass Pass.
- Stream Mass to a secondary site & plan on distributing Holy Communion to this site. Mass will be live streamed to the Chapel, Social Hall, and our Facebook page for viewing from vehicles. Holy Communion will be distributed by Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist to these locations.
- Add Masses. Christmas Eve will have Mass offered at 4:00 PM (Children’s Mass - everyone is welcome!), 7:00 PM, and 10:00 PM. Christmas Day will have Mass offered at 10:00 AM.
We all recognize that these are difficult and unusual times. Yet, adapting and overcoming is a hallmark of our faith by placing our trust in God. (Remember, God will not be outdone in generosity!) If you have questions or concerns regarding these plans, please contact Fr. Bob or Jason.