Our Lady of the Woods is a Roman Catholic church established in 1975 and nestled in the community of Woodhaven, MI on Gudith Road (between West & King).
Follow us on Facebook! Join us for weekend or weekday Mass & welcome home to your church!
From Fr. Bob
Fr. Bob shares weekly updates with our parish and shepherds them through these difficult times.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 9:00 AM
Saturday: 4:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 & 11:00 AM
The 9:00 & 11:00 AM Sunday Mass will be streamed to our Facebook page for the foreseeable future.
The church will be open on the following schedule:
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Prayer for the Intercession of St. Joseph
You are invited to a series of gatherings unique to your parish family. All individuals, whether joining from home or a group watch, are asked to register for the events.
- Family Gathering One: ENCOUNTER (April 28 | 7-9 PM)
- Family Gathering Two: GROWING (June 2 | 7-9 PM)
- Family Gathering Three: WITNESS (July 21 | 7-9 PM
Learn more & register at FOPGATHERINGS.ORG
Why Attend a Family Gathering?
Families of Parishes evolved with the lay faithful in mind.
- Families of Parishes are for the benefit of lay faithful.
- We are the Body of Christ.
- We are meant to worship as community.
- We need the Sacraments to sanctify and build up the Body of Christ and to give worship to God. CCC 1122
- If there are not enough priests to minister to each individual parish, the grace of the sacraments will not be available to us.
- We need to come together as one Body.
- Come and meet the other parishes in your family, learn about their unique characteristics. Participate in discussions with other members of your family.
- Hear stories from lay persons in dioceses that have already participated in such a transition.
- We learn through the experiences of others.
- Begin the chapter of journeying in faith with many other Catholics in your community.
- You may see them every day but have never met.
- This is what being a joyful missionary disciple is about.
Youth Faith Formation
Live Stream & Public Mass Schedule
All live streams will be hosted by our Facebook page. You do not need Facebook to access the live stream.
- Sunday Masses will be live streamed at 9:00 & 11:00 AM.
- Click here at the scheduled time!
Public Masses have resumed on the following schedule:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday at 9:00 AM
- Saturday at 4:00 PM
- Sunday at 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM
- A mask will be required of each person attending public Mass.
- Seating capacity (to allow for social distancing) will be limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
- Additional seating is available in the Social Hall if the church reaches capacity.
04/06/21 10:00 pm
Rome Newsroom, Apr 6, 2021 / 02:00 pm (CNA).- Msgr. Robert Oliver, a priest of the Archdiocese of Boston, said last week that due to a “mix-up,” he was not told in advance that his service on the Vatican’s safeguarding commission was ending after six years.
Oliver had been secretary of the Vatican’s Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors (PCPM) since its beginning in 2014. For the two years prior, he had been promoter of justice at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.Read More
04/06/21 5:30 pm
CNA Staff, Apr 6, 2021 / 09:30 am (CNA).- Pope Francis is inviting Catholics around the world to pray this month for people risking their lives by standing up for fundamental rights.
The pope made the appeal in his prayer intention for April, released on Tuesday.Read More
04/05/21 1:25 pm
CNA Staff, Apr 5, 2021 / 05:25 am (CNA).- Pope Francis said Monday that Christians should “never tire of seeking the risen Christ.”
Speaking before the recitation of the Regina Coeli April 5, the pope noted that Easter Monday is known in Italy as Lunedì dell’Angelo, or the Monday of the Angel.Read More
Formed - The Catholic Faith On Demand
FORMED On Demand is a subscription service offering access to thousands of studies, films, audios, and ebooks.Discover great digital media from over 40 of the best Catholic content producers including the Augustine Institute, Ignatius Press, the USCCB, Catholic Answers, EWTN, St. Paul Center, Marian Press, Sophia Press, Knights of Columbus, FOCUS, and many more.